Monday, December 6, 2010

Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks

I have a tendency to buy meats that I don't know how to cook. Drumsticks, for instance... I can make chicken breasts easy, but for some reason, drumsticks always intimidated me.  So, after emptying our fridge for a number of days because I couldn't afford to go grocery shopping, all that was left were these drumsticks.
Still, I managed to leave them in my fridge for about 4 days before actually giving a recipe a try.  Here's what resulted.

Ingredients:
  • 12 chicken drumsticks
  • 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 C. seasoned bread crumbs
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Flour
  • 2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2 tsp. onion powder
Directions:
  1. In a shallow bowl or plastic bag, mix together garlic powder, onion powder, bread crumbs, pepper, and cheese. In a separate bowl, beat egg until lemon colored. Put flour on a plate.
  2. Dredge the chicken in the flour (that means to drag it in flour and then shake off the excess) and then dip it in the egg, coating well. Roll in cheese mixture (or shake in the bag).
  3. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until brown. Turn once during cooking. (coat baking sheet with PAM).

No comments:

Post a Comment