Tuesday, February 22, 2011

French Fries!


I was babysitting my niece and nephews this weekend (ages 5, 6 and 8), when my oldest nephew randomly asked me if we could make french fries.  I was a little hesitant at first, but with a lot of close supervision he was able to make a bunch of AMAZING tasting french fries all by himself! Then, as soon as I got home and stared into my empty refrigerator, I knew I had to make them again.
Okay, so they're not the most healthy things in the world, but if you're in the mood for munchies, its an easy and delicious snack to make.

Ingredients:
  • 3 large russet potatoes
  • Canola oil (veggie oil works too)
  • Salt
  • 3 tbsp Ketchup
  • 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
Directions:
  1. Pour a bunch of oil into a pan and begin heating it up.
  2. Peel your potatoes if you like, or leave the skins on... Then slice your potatoes up into thin strips (roughly the size of the french fries---go figure!)
  3. When your oil is hot, place a handful of fries into the oil and slowly move them around.  They tend to stick at first, so keep em moving.
  4. When the fries are lightly browned, remove them and place them on a plate covered in paper towels.  This will drain off some of the oil.
  5. While the fries are still hot, sprinkle a little salt on them for taste.
  6. For the sauce: In a small bowl, combine ketchup and mayonnaise and stir until combined.
  7. Dip your fries in your "fry sauce" and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment