Thursday, October 7, 2010

Apple Crisp

Last time I went grocery shopping, I bought two giant bags of granny smith apples.  I didn't know what I wanted to do with them, so they sat in my kitchen for a while.  Today, I decided to make something--but by this time, most of my groceries had been used up.  This is a perfect dessert to make with just the bare essentials.
Thanks to Julia Zurbrugg for the picture.

Ingredients
  • 6 medium apples
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 cup butter (melted)
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 cup brown sugar
Directions
  1. Set oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
  3. Peel, core and slice apples
  4. Sprinkle with sugar and spice mixture and mix well.
  5. Place apples in 8x8 buttered baking dish
  6. Mix together brown sugar and flour; add butter and mix until crumbly.
  7. Sprinkle evenly over apples.
  8. Bake for about 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
  9. You can scoop some in a bowl over ice cream, or eat straight out of the pan if your sink's full of dirty bowls and you don't want to wash anything.... Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment