Monday, May 21, 2012

Bruschetta Chicken


So I'll admit it-- I hate tomatoes.  I pick them out of everything.  But I can handle bruschetta, so when I found this recipe on Pinterest, I thought--it's so easy and cheap, why not?
Boy, was I glad that I did.  The husband couldn't stop raving about it, and it really didn't take long to prepare at all!  The best part is, it's only five ingredients.  It's the perfect solution for the weeknight meal.

Ingredients:
  • 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2 inch thick
  • 1/2 cup KRAFT Sun-Dried Tomato dressing, divided
  • 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
Directions:
  1. Place your chicken into a large ziploc bag along with the dressing and allow to soak for at least 10 minutes (I started mine in the morning and let it sit all day) in the fridge.
  2. Preheat your oven to 425º F.
  3. Combine the tomatoes, cheese, and basil into a large bowl.
  4. Bake your chicken until almost cooked through (about 25-30 minutes).
  5. Spoon large amounts of your tomato mixture on top of the chicken, and put back in the oven until the cheese has melted through, and your chicken is completely cooked (about 5-8 minutes).
Thanks to The Girl Who Ate Everything for the inspiring recipe.  (I do admit though, I baked mine while the original recipe called for grilling the chicken.  If you'd rather grill, check out the link above.)

No comments:

Post a Comment