Thursday, April 8, 2010

Smokey Guacamole

So, on Easter, as I was helping my mother with the array of different foods we were going to serve our family, she asked that I make some guacamole... Which would be no problem, except for I have never made guacamole before.  So, with my awesome quick-thinking skills, I remembered I had stumbled upon a website called Food Gawker, which always displays these incredible looking meals.  I quickly hopped on her laptop and went onto the website and typed "guacamole" into their search engine.  This recipe is what I found, thanks to Natalie's Killer Cuisine.  With only a few minor changes (since we didn't carry all of the original ingredients), my guacamole was the hit of the holiday.

Ingredients:
  • 4 large Avocados, ripened
  • 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced with seeds removed
  • 1/2 of a Red Onion, small dice
  • 1 tsp Lime Zest
  • 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
  • 1 1/4 tsp Chile Powder
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
  • 1 tsp taco seasoning
Directions
  1. Cut avocados in half all the way around, length wise.
  2. Use a spoon to gently scoop out the avocado. Dice the avocado in large chunks and add to a bowl.
  3. Add the remaining ingredients and toss without completely mashing the avocado.
  4. Add extra salt, pepper, and taco seasoning to taste.
  5. Serve with chips or as a condiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment